Intention of the day: This is my usual mode of operation. I don't make promises that I don't intend to keep... at least with other people. So I must focus more on following through with promises I make to myself.
Morning writing: I have definitely broken promises in my life. But when it comes to breaking promises with other people, I have to have a good reason or I'll be filled with guilt. However, I make plenty of promises and agreements with my inner self that get broken all the time. My planner is filled with repeated goals that I still haven't gotten around to, like getting new running shoes so I can start working out again. I need to prioritize myself and my promises to myself over everyone else. If I don't keep promises to myself I can't trust myself, and that will cause anxiety. This is how we learn!
I spent a good part of my morning reading The Gifts of Imperfection: Your Guide to a Wholehearted Life. I read it about half way so far and I like the message of how we need to let go of shame and embrace joy. I will try to incorporate the teachings of this book into my self-health journey.
Tarot card of the day: IX The Hermit (soul-searching, introspection, being alone, inner guidance)
Morning writing: I have definitely broken promises in my life. But when it comes to breaking promises with other people, I have to have a good reason or I'll be filled with guilt. However, I make plenty of promises and agreements with my inner self that get broken all the time. My planner is filled with repeated goals that I still haven't gotten around to, like getting new running shoes so I can start working out again. I need to prioritize myself and my promises to myself over everyone else. If I don't keep promises to myself I can't trust myself, and that will cause anxiety. This is how we learn!
I spent a good part of my morning reading The Gifts of Imperfection: Your Guide to a Wholehearted Life. I read it about half way so far and I like the message of how we need to let go of shame and embrace joy. I will try to incorporate the teachings of this book into my self-health journey.
Tarot card of the day: IX The Hermit (soul-searching, introspection, being alone, inner guidance)
Comments
Post a Comment