Intention of the day: Use your words thoughtfully. Words can cut deeper than a knife. Don't let the negative words of others affect you.
Morning writing: This is something I think about a lot. Not necessarily how MY words are affecting others, but how I should not judge people based solely on what they say. I know firsthand how people can deflect a negative emotion onto someone else - my mom used to do this all the time. It's not okay to do this, but it's important to be aware when it is happening. If I am cognizant of a negative feeling "being taken out on me" then it doesn't affect me in the same negative way. However, since I have admitted that my mom has done this frequently, then it's very likely that I learned this behavior. It's very likely that I'm doing it too. So I must be even more careful to be aware of when I might be taking my emotions out on someone else. I must be careful when I choose my words and speak intentionally.
Tarot card of the day: XVII The Star (hope, spirituality, renewal, inspiration, serenity)
Morning writing: This is something I think about a lot. Not necessarily how MY words are affecting others, but how I should not judge people based solely on what they say. I know firsthand how people can deflect a negative emotion onto someone else - my mom used to do this all the time. It's not okay to do this, but it's important to be aware when it is happening. If I am cognizant of a negative feeling "being taken out on me" then it doesn't affect me in the same negative way. However, since I have admitted that my mom has done this frequently, then it's very likely that I learned this behavior. It's very likely that I'm doing it too. So I must be even more careful to be aware of when I might be taking my emotions out on someone else. I must be careful when I choose my words and speak intentionally.
Tarot card of the day: XVII The Star (hope, spirituality, renewal, inspiration, serenity)
Comments
Post a Comment