Intention of the day: My whole self is much more than my mind. I strive to be more aware of my entire body and how it perceives the world around me.
Morning writing: This concept is a bit more abstract and difficult. I meditated on it for several minutes to try and 'hear' things with my body. Can my kneecaps hear that bird in the sky? Can my back hear the hum of the bathroom vent? This is less literal and more about using my entire body to feel all sensations. To get OUT of my head and more into my entire self. The lesson acknowledged that this is not simple and people should practice this meditation while doing any kind of stationary activity... like my morning commute! Maybe today (if I get a seat on the train) I will listen to a guided meditation and then afterwards focus on hearing with my body.
Morning writing: This concept is a bit more abstract and difficult. I meditated on it for several minutes to try and 'hear' things with my body. Can my kneecaps hear that bird in the sky? Can my back hear the hum of the bathroom vent? This is less literal and more about using my entire body to feel all sensations. To get OUT of my head and more into my entire self. The lesson acknowledged that this is not simple and people should practice this meditation while doing any kind of stationary activity... like my morning commute! Maybe today (if I get a seat on the train) I will listen to a guided meditation and then afterwards focus on hearing with my body.
Comments
Post a Comment