Intention of the day: Remember that while my anxieties are an attempt at self-preservation, I don't have to listen. My mind isn't always right when it thinks its detecting a threat, especially in my personal relationships. The lesson states, "...it tends to err on the side of caution - seeing such patterns where they don't actually exist."
Morning writing: I had a nice meditation today. I think this lesson is also very important for me, as I often fall victim to my anxieties. I usually end up spending a lot of time worrying about things that COULD potentially happen, even when it's a ridiculous hypothetical. This is a terrible thing to do - it wastes my energy on anxiety, makes me sad and ends up causing me to have arguments with people that I love. I need to remember that I can't control everything, and that's okay. It's also okay to be uncomfortable. It's okay to not know everything that's going on. It's important to remember that true happiness is when you aren't striving to be happy. My anxieties are based on wanting to control things so that I can be happy - so I must focus on being happy with what I can control, and let everything else be. Whatever will be, will be!
Morning writing: I had a nice meditation today. I think this lesson is also very important for me, as I often fall victim to my anxieties. I usually end up spending a lot of time worrying about things that COULD potentially happen, even when it's a ridiculous hypothetical. This is a terrible thing to do - it wastes my energy on anxiety, makes me sad and ends up causing me to have arguments with people that I love. I need to remember that I can't control everything, and that's okay. It's also okay to be uncomfortable. It's okay to not know everything that's going on. It's important to remember that true happiness is when you aren't striving to be happy. My anxieties are based on wanting to control things so that I can be happy - so I must focus on being happy with what I can control, and let everything else be. Whatever will be, will be!
Comments
Post a Comment