Intention of the day: Hear my inner critic, but don't let it be the only voice.
Morning writing: This lesson somewhat irked me. Not because of the intention about noticing an inner critic. The book's lesson focused more on how to notice your inner critic, for those who may not realize when it's happening. For me, that's not my problem. I hear it loud and clear, volume cranked to ten. My problem is more about what to do about the inner critic. How to get it to shut up and stop picking apart all of the things that make me insecure or upset. My current coping mechanism to shut up the inner critic/monologue is to just count in my head. If I'm focused on counting, I can't think about other things. I guess that's the good thing about being shitty at math lol. Maybe this will be covered in a future lesson in the book, I don't know. But I have no problem noticing my inner critic.
Morning writing: This lesson somewhat irked me. Not because of the intention about noticing an inner critic. The book's lesson focused more on how to notice your inner critic, for those who may not realize when it's happening. For me, that's not my problem. I hear it loud and clear, volume cranked to ten. My problem is more about what to do about the inner critic. How to get it to shut up and stop picking apart all of the things that make me insecure or upset. My current coping mechanism to shut up the inner critic/monologue is to just count in my head. If I'm focused on counting, I can't think about other things. I guess that's the good thing about being shitty at math lol. Maybe this will be covered in a future lesson in the book, I don't know. But I have no problem noticing my inner critic.
Comments
Post a Comment