Skip to main content

I went to Texas!

Yee-haw! I went on a trip to far-away San Antonio, TX all by myself and lived to tell the tale. I had hoped that my hotel room might be haunted, but alas it wasn't. That was really the only disappointment from the Menger Hotel, because I really enjoyed my stay.

The hotel was right by the Alamo, and very close to the convention center, so kudos to me for picking a good spot once again. I love picking out hotels when I go on trips.

I should mention that I had serious anxiety about flying to Texas. I hadn't been on a plane in a few years and definitely psyched myself out. I was extremely airsick on the flight down to Texas. More sick than I had ever been on a plane that I can remember. Part of the problem was that I had a drink before the flight instead of taking Dramamine. All my friends had suggested having a drink and the flight was at 6pm so I figured maybe I'd be okay. But I really felt sick right from the start and kept running to the bathroom... maybe 6 times. At the end, the flight attendant gave me a puke bag and I continued to be sick right at my seat during landing. It was humiliating and awful and I felt like death when I got off the plane. I had puked so hard that little red dots were all over my face - capillaries burst from the pressure that built up in my head. Ugh it was terrible. Makeup covered most of it up, thankfully.

After I got to the hotel, everything got better. The bed was soft and comfy. The town of San Antonio was beautiful (albeit slightly colder than I had hoped). The people were friendly and didn't even have accents. I bought a nice legit cowgirl hat as soon as I could, and walked around with it on like a proud Texan. It was fun and people said "howdy" to me, which for me is really weird because I'm an antisocial New Yorker.


I enjoyed the River Walk the most, it was really cool. It was like a subterranean world with awesome restaurants and bars, artwork, and beautiful foliage lining the San Antonio River. Everything was only like 10-15 feet below street level. It was really pleasant to walk along during the day, and at night the nightlife was pretty wild!

The game show panel went really well. Apparently people were asking when the next one will be, so hopefully that means we'll be accepted for PAX East and get a better time slot too. Fingers crossed! (I love going to Boston.) But I will say that it is more fun to travel with a friend. I felt lonely a few times during my trip. I saw my friends at the panel and we hung out and partied the first night, so I wasn't completely on my own the whole time. But sight seeing might have been more fun with a buddy. However, I do enjoy having the freedom to be on my own schedule and not worry about what somebody else wants to do. Hmm...

Anyway, I enjoyed the trip overall. And surprisingly, the flight back to NY went very well. I thought it was going to be bad because it was a 8am flight. But I got some Dramamine as soon as I got to the airport and just sat and waited. I started feeling drowsy right away, but had to stay awake because I wasn't on the plane yet. At one point maybe a half hour later I felt a wave of calm, anti-nausea. Like my stomach just stopped flipping. It was magical. On the flight I made a big stink about possibly being air sick and I ended up with an entire row to myself. I was not sick one time! Even during turbulence. I was proud. All those people probably thought I was a lying bitch but whatever lol!

So now maybe I won't be as scared of flying. I can do it. Dramamine is my friend. It's worth it to be able to travel to fun places. But maybe next trip I'll take the train.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 62: I release the world from my control

Intention of the day: Meditate on releasing my need to be in control. Trust that things will all be taken care of by the Universe. Morning writing: I had a nice long meditation in my morning routine today. It's Friday and my boss is out for a vacay so if I'm a little late it's not a big deal. Besides, things will all be taken care of by the Universe! I have had control issues for a while. Insecurity makes you want to try to control everything that you can, as a defense mechanism. You think that if you control how people act or where they go, then they will act and do whatever you want and you will not get hurt. This is unhealthy and simply not possible. I can't control anything except for myself, my actions, and my reactions. My relationship with my ex was toxic because I wanted to control him. I wanted him to be the perfect version of himself that was inside my head. But that person isn't real and the real guy didn't want to be that perfect self, for whatever...

Day 65: I am ONE with the DIVINE

Intention of the day: I am one with the Divine, Source Energy and the Universe... it is all the same oneness that is me. Morning writing: This lesson got me deep. The words on the page were simple enough, that we are all made of the same Divine, the same Source Energy, and we should recognize that we are all the Divine. We are all Source Energy. They have this same idea in the Old Testament, so I assume that is where the author is getting this from. But when I meditated on it, the concept not only makes perfect sense, it made me feel very zen. In my meditation I have been trying to see outside my body, to zoom out and see a bigger picture. In the past I was able to visualize the train that I was on, traveling at fast speed across the island. This morning I concentrated on the Source Energy of the Universe. I am a part of this Universe, and it is a part of me. I meditated on how I am merely a red blood cell moving through the streets, which are just veins running along the skin of thi...

Day 92: I have patience for those who are asleep and confused

Intention of the day: Practice patience and forgiveness for those who have become blind to their inner light. Help them to see it. Morning writing: In my meditation, I have been trying to emanate my inner light to others. I don't know if it works. I think I need to build up my strength and maybe my inner light will have more reach. Maybe it's my aura? I am trying to focus on spreading the light and good karma so that others can soak it in. Hopefully it helps. In addition, today's lesson is a way to think about forgiveness. People who have wronged me or mankind have become blinded or confused and cannot sense their connection to the universe. They do not sense the light and happiness that I know is within me, so they do not have my strength; they lash out. I must try to reach these people, and at the very least forgive them for any wrongdoings. I had a very lucid dream this morning, which is rare for me. I woke up early, and sometimes when I do that I like to meditate wh...