Intention of the day: Practice self-love. Love my body, love my mind, love myself for handling as much as I can in my current situation.
Morning writing: I know I'm not perfect. Things don't always go my way, or work out how I'd hoped. My body isn't in perfect shape - something I acknowledge every morning before my shower. But I think it's looking a little better than it was around the holidays. I haven't weighed myself so I can't say for sure. However, as part of my new morning routine in 2018, I have been practicing self-love in the mirror. Haha that sounds dirty, it's not. I stand in the mirror and tell myself that I love myself, and give myself a pep talk about whatever negative thing is affecting me that day. I find that actually speaking aloud (ok I usually whisper) my self-love pep talk each morning makes it more real. I look myself in the eye in the mirror and maintain eye contact while I whisper. Isn't it funny how something that probably makes me look crazy to an outsider actually helps keep me sane on the inside? Humans are funny creatures.
Morning writing: I know I'm not perfect. Things don't always go my way, or work out how I'd hoped. My body isn't in perfect shape - something I acknowledge every morning before my shower. But I think it's looking a little better than it was around the holidays. I haven't weighed myself so I can't say for sure. However, as part of my new morning routine in 2018, I have been practicing self-love in the mirror. Haha that sounds dirty, it's not. I stand in the mirror and tell myself that I love myself, and give myself a pep talk about whatever negative thing is affecting me that day. I find that actually speaking aloud (ok I usually whisper) my self-love pep talk each morning makes it more real. I look myself in the eye in the mirror and maintain eye contact while I whisper. Isn't it funny how something that probably makes me look crazy to an outsider actually helps keep me sane on the inside? Humans are funny creatures.
Comments
Post a Comment