Last week was rough, as I wrote. This weekend is better. Not all the way better... but I'm staying strong. I only talked to the ex briefly during the week, about some loose ends which are now tied up and I don't think I will have to interact with him again, unless he decides to reach out to me for some reason. Hopefully not. I will not play his mind games. He's over it anyway. Just keep swimming...!
This weekend I don't have any plans and that's ok. That used to be something that would make me freak out, like OMG I must be such a loser I'm home on the weekend. But who cares, really? OK so it's a little lonely. But oh look at me I'm not out spending money. I'm able to make some PROGRESS on my damn video games that I never have time to play. Spending time with my kitty who never gets to see me during the day b/c I'm always at work. Being at home isn't so bad!
In fact, today I also spent some time with my guitar. Earlier this week I lost my voice getting drunk and singing karaoke (see I do have some sort of social life!) and so I wasn't really singing at my strongest, but who cares? I busted out my old Jason Mraz songbooks and struggled to keep up with the crazy lyrics and codas jumping all over the place. Then I thought maybe I would spend some time on some of my own music for once.
I'd been writing some lyric ideas in a note app on my phone, and my sister had given me a Songwriting Journal for Christmas or something, so I wrote out some of the lyrics and put together some chord progressions. I actually came up with decent drafts of two songs. One is about my struggling love life and the other is about mental illness. When I'm sad I write about my struggles and it helps me feel better I think. Couldn't hurt!
I'm going to enjoy this lazy weekend and continue to stay lazy tomorrow. Hopefully not TOO lazy though. Laundry must be done!!
Comments
Post a Comment